Home
Historic Sloatsburg
Glenwood Hotel
The Henry Club
Jacob Sloat House
Old Cemetery
John Sloat's Burial Plot
The Sloats House & Inn
The Ramapo Pass
The Sloat Dam
Old Erie Railroad Station
Cappermore Farm
Brown's Gate
Brown's Family
Taylors Corner
Knapps's Dam

 

 

 

The Sloat Dam

Original stone dam constructed by Sloat family circa 1792 to provide water power for mills. Reinforced with concrete in mid 1800's. Located on Ramapo River about two blocks north-east of the village hall.